September 21, 2007

lack of opportunity...

Let me talk about on-campus recruitment again, and how unfair my particular university is.

If you remember from this entry, I am required to attend a pair of seminars before I gain access to our on-campus recruitment and interviewing program.  Well, I attended the seminars and now you're reading the blog of one, certified, interviewing maven.  

The problem is that today I went and looked for jobs to apply for.  I selected all recruitment jobs and came up with a long list, exactly 358 long.  The problem?  351 of them were for financial analysts, tax auditors, investment bankers, hedge fund managers, and entry-level banking positions.

The seven that weren't?  Four of them were Macy's, one was Polo Ralph Lauren, one was L'Oreal, and one was Google.

Can't my school offer me more choice?  What about those thousands of poor kids who aren't majoring in finance and/or accounting?  Thanks, university.  I can see you're looking out for the wee ones.

No comments: